Sunday, January 11, 2015

2014 favourites

Sadly 2014 is over and a brand new year has started, that means new make up, skincare and beauty products, but before we run out to buy these new product lets look back on our 2014 favourites. Today I'll be sharing with you my ultimate holy grail items of 2014, these items have been my saviour and angel products that I truly and forever love. so without further ado lets dig in to my favourites.

Favourite face product: Avene thermal spring water - $25.99
I cannot say enough good things about this product, it tones, moisturise, prime, refresh and add a glow to my face. It can also be sprayed onto brushes to intensify eye shadows, if water wasn't cutting it and buying MAC's fixplus is a waste of money get the Avene thermal spring water. This is ideal for summer time when your hot and stuffy and your face is getting ridiculously grease and you don't want to go to the bathroom to cleanse your face (cleansing too much strips off the nature moistures on the face leaving it grey and dry) just a quick spritz of this refreshes your skin. It literally like taking a shower in a magical waterfall, at the comfort of your room.

Favourite eye product: Covergirl lash blast - $17.95
This mascara is amazing, I love it so so much. I was so excited about the Maybelline the rocket mascara and I only ever buy Maybelline mascara's because I trust their formulas and prices make me happy. I unfortunately could not get my hands on the waterproof version and my lashes only stay curled if its a waterproof mascara. So the rocket was a huge fail and I was on a hunt for a mascara alike, but in the waterproof formula and that's when I discover the Covergirl lash blast. The brush is identical and the formula is very black and very waterproof, also I live in a hot climate area and even waterproof formulas get a little tired and weigh my lashes a few millimetres down, but not the Covergirl lash blast. 

Image 1Favourite lip product: Ulta3 lip liner in dusk - $2.99
Lip liners never appealed to me I was too lazy and I figured it was going to take to much time an d skill. I was so wrong! To apply it's as simple as smiling with your mouth closed and just line where the natural lips outline or draw on a little bit outside the perimeter of the outline to give the illusion of a fuller lip. I love the formula it glides on, but it sets and wont budge, it's great on its own or underneath a nude or pink lipstick.

Favourite skincare product: Neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser - $11.49
I love this so much, I do change up my cleanser depending on my mood, but this is the one I count on and come back to time and time again. It's great for sensitive skin, because it's a combination of a make up remover and a cleanser so you can go really close on the eyes and it wont irritate. I love that the formula is really smooth and foaming, unlike most cleansers where they have the harsh gritty beads of scrubs. Your skin feels really smooth, clean and moisturised.

Favourite hair product: Garnier fructis oily roots and dry ends shampoo and conditioner - $5.99 
My hair can get super oily after the 24hr mark and I need a product that gives me control of that and this is it. I have tried different ones, but this one is the best for me. First I fell in love with the scent it very citrusy and the scent lingers lightly when dry. I love the formula, a little goes a long way for this product especially for the shampoo, it really strips my oily roots but adds a good healthy amount of moisture back to my roots. Also the shampoo formula not only cleans my hair but detangles and smooths out my hair, ready for the next step, conditioning. The conditioner moisturises my ends and really detangles and smooths out my ends, I believe their is no conditioner on the market at this price that detangles my hair as fast and pain free as this does.

Favourite fashion item: Zara NWT grey floral flared mini skirt - $35.95
I have a good amount of hand me down Zara items from my mum, but this is the first item I choose and bought on my own. I love it so so much, its has a thick material that its a cross between a skater skirt and a tight skirt.  Its flowy enough that it moves, but tight enough to give a very sophisticated silhouette. I love that it can be dressed up or down depending on the shoes and top to pair it with. The floral print it very dark and is a very sophisticated and feminine, which is what Zara is all about. I think the shape is so flattering on all body shapes and the length is so perfect, the length definitely makes it appropriate for younger buyers like myself and thankfully doesn't  make it look like I've been playing dress up in my mums closet.

Hope you enjoyed my list of top product of 2014, maybe you agreed with some of the products listed and hopefully I gave you enough reasons to try out some of the products yourself. Please leave a comment below on your favourite products of 2014 and I'll check them out. xoxo - Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I truly value your opinion.